PLM systems integration
Vendors of complex software products frequently offer their clients such solutions, application of which by default require availability of processes with certain structure.
Such solutions are the best option for newly established companies, as these solutions usually represent «best practice» and do not require taking into account current operational approaches of the enterprise.
For majority of companies, being well-developed enterprises with unique competence and experience, such «out-of-box» solutions do not match company processes and development objectives, therefore these solutions require significant adaptation and customization.
These is what our company deals with, offering consulting and after-sale services for development and integration of product lifecycle management technologies.
Implemented solutions are based on PLM technologies, developed by Dassault Systemes – a world leader in the field. Dassault Systemes technologies are applied by thirteen industries in over 160,000 companies, including such industrial corporations as Boeing, Airbus, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Honda. etc., as well as small and medium-sized enterprises using cloud technologies.
We use adapted development and integration methods, elaborated based on the best recommended approaches, such as Application Implementation Methodology by Oracle.
Scale, complexity and uniqueness of requirements, company readiness and necessity of organizational changes, level of engineering support, as well as budget limitations – all these factors pay defining role during development of detailed approach to elaboration and implementation of each solution.
In general, integration projects consist of the following main stages:
• ”as is” Business processes development;
• Estimation of objectives achievability from the point of view of terms, resources and budget limitations;
• Project scope definition and planning;
• Determining strategy, approaches to each of integration processes;
• Designing of “to-be” business processes;
• Developing scenario, designating business requirements;
• ОDetermining necessity in system and organizational changes;
• Development of proposals for Solution (detailed designing to be performed on the next stage);
• Designing technical architecture;
• Development of strategy for transition to production run.
• Detailed design of changes to meet business requirements, including enhancement of IT systems;
• Designing technical infrastructure to support and maintain the developed design solutions.
• Creating extensions for IT systems;
• Implementing organizational changes;
• Performing major test and operational documenting;
• Planning the works for transition to Solution production run.
• Deployment of complex IT system at the enterprise;
• Carrying out general training;
• Business data migration.
• System optimization and setting;
• Operating mode errors correction;
• Opportunity analysis for further development;
• Transition to regular maintenance of IT system.
Many stages can be iterative, for instance, transition to production run in case of large-scale Solution implementation can be arranged successively to mitigate company load.
The above structure and activity sequence is relevant for complex integration projects; depending on the number of participants and project complexity some of these works can be performed in a simplified form or even omitted for reasons of rationality.
Please, use our contact form to get information about terms and costs for your integration project.